CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

My Craft Room

Monday, March 8, 2010

Saying Sorry

Just some thoughts I had, and placed them together in a poem. I was thinking about how people don't seem to apologize anymore for their wrong-doings, but rather instead, they try to justify their wrongs.

***James 5:16 (NIV) 16Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.***

Saying Sorry
is not just words,
it needs to be felt,
and not just heard

Sorry is closure
That someone needs,
not just lying words,
that can mislead.

Sorry needs to be said
Sorry needs to be told,
Sorry comes from the heart,
it can't be bought or sold.

When you have offended,
or done wrong,
sorry means you have regret,
don't wait too long.

Have you ever said it?
Have you heard of forgiveness?
If you won't do it,
you will become a big mess.

Have you ever given it thought,
that you need to come clean,
for you have broken my heart,
you were very mean.

Maybe you weren't taught,
to put someone above yourself,
to care enough to be honest,
not put them on a shelf.

Maybe you think it will cost you,
Saying sorry can be a sacrifice,
but think of what Jesus has done,
it cost Him a bigger price.

So please apologize,
for I am worth your time,
forgiving is important,
it's not just another line.

I wait for that day,
where we can rejoice,
together in forgiveness,
Hoping you make the right choice...

1 comments:

Pamela said...

Hi!!! I love the poem. I have been thinking about you. Haven't talked to you forever it seems. I hope all is well! Email when you have a sec.
Pamela