CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

My Craft Room

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Red ATC Card

Here is an Artist Trading Card from the same color swap. (ATC= 3 1/2 x 2 1/2) I chose red. I had a picture in my mind of what I wanted to do of red sunflowers and ladybugs. I decided to paint in acrylics! It was a challenge as we aren't supposed to use any other color. I had to mix whites with red, and black with dark red, so I can get the shading of things going okay. I really like the result! I sewed the trim on the bottom, and embellished with some red glitter paint on the leaves and inside the flower. I used red stickles and burgundy stickles to create the ladybugs.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Myra said...

Gorgeous! Love the stitching. It looks like a wonderful painting.

Anonymous said...

You do beautiful work, but you know that. I love your blog, keep it up.