CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

My Craft Room

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Decade: 1910's ATC

Here is my very first ATC card! I'm so proud of it! I have never made these before but always wanted to. An ATC is an Artist Trading Card, of original art that people trade, sell, ect. The card is size 3 1/2 inch by 2 1/2 inch. You are supposed to layer the paper and sign the back. I'm involved with many swaps, and one of them is that everyone is doing decades. My Decade is the 1910's. This card is so pretty.
1910's Decade ATC Card By Niki K

The card itself is white textured Bazzill paper. The background is a black cardstock. I found a print of a lady from 1910, I liked her hat and her smile. I printed it out on cardstock and tore the edges. Feathers were really big back then, so I accented with some fibers to resemble feathers. The Zipper was invented and became very popular in this decade so the trim on the top/bottom is part of a stamp by Fiskars, which I accented with silver Stickles. I found a newspaper article about the Titanic sinking and printed that out on cardstock and distressed it. The clock stamp I heat embossed using Ranger black fine detail embossing powder. I really love this result. I'm so excited, this card was so neat to make!

4 comments:

Myra said...

Niki, this ATC is phenomenal. For this to be your first is amazing!

Kate said...

It's beautiful, Niki! What wonderful results for your very first ATC! And, I'm extra excited to know that I'll be getting one in return!! Your ATC is absolutely fabulous!!

Lynne said...

This looks great!!!

~Jeri~ said...

Awesome job on your first ATC...definitely can't tell it!! You really did an amazing job on it!
I'm excited to know I'll be getting my very own!!!