CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

My Craft Room

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

CD and Cereal Box Book!

What can you do with old CD's and a cereal box??!!! I'm in this swap, and I'm new to altering things, and one of the things to do in this swap is to make something altered. I kept thinking about it and thinking about it until finally, I thought I would make a small book!
Materials:
Cricut Expression
Cereal Box
2 CD's
Bind It All
4 Sheets of 12x12 paper solid color
1 sheet of Print Paper
1 Brad
2 Flowers
Ribbon
Sponge Paintbrush
Stickles glue
Mod Podge
Cricut-"George" Cartridge using Circles
_______________________________________

Photobucket
I measured the CD's so I can cut paper on the Expression at 4 3/4 inches. I cut out all the circles of solid paper. I took apart the cereal box so the box will lay flat on the sticky mat.
Photobucket
I cut out four circles also at 4 3/4 inches on the expression. I had it set at the highest pressure and it cut out perfectly. I didn't need to change to the deep housing blade.
Photobucket
When I cut everything out, that was when I used my Bind it all to cut all the sides of the paper and CD's and cardboard, so when I glue it, it will come together perfectly.
I glued the cardboard on both sides of both CD's using Mod Podge. I glued the ribbon on the CD at that point so I will be able to tie it together to keep the book shut.
Photobucket
This is the print, I used it for the covers outside and inside, on either side of the cereal box.
Photobucket
I glued with Mod Podge the print onto the cardboard. I kept out the cover and embellished the front with flowers and a brad.
Photobucket
Then I binded it together!
Photobucket
Here it is!!! All done! Just put ribbon on the edge! It was great fun to make!

3 comments:

~Jeri~ said...

Very nice Nik!! Turned out great!! Thanks for the instructions! Your partner is going to love this!

A Heart To Homeschool said...

oooh you let your kids eat the "sugary" cereals huh??? Just kidding. cute

Lynne said...

Nice!! I just got a BIA..still need to learn how to use it! I need to make an album soon..any tips??? I bought the blue one..